Imagine treating your company’s projects like the enormous investment in financial and human capital that they are.
You’d consider all of your organisation’s projects and programs against one objective: achieving the business’s goals.
And everyone – no matter how detailed or strategic their responsibilities – would get the information they need to ensure each project’s success. Information they need most must be what they see first. Then they can drill down.
You’d also want fast time to value.
That is what Mariner Project and Portfolio Management software provides for CTOs, CIOs, project managers, and information managers. From company directors and CEOs down to the people working on specific tasks, Mariner PPM is what they need to stay on schedule and on budget.
With MarinerPPM, you can do projects right and do the right projects.
MarinerPPM also tracks the dollar value of your gains.
It manages all scales – from a single idea by one person through to the completion of multiple projects. As well, information is rolled up to enterprise level so big picture people get the big picture.
Staff and management can continue with their preferred mix of waterfall and agile planning. They will be able to quickly generate workflows, approvals and processes to keep projects and portfolios of projects flowing.
The software is flexible enough to cater for ad hoc jobs as well as planned projects in marketing, sales, product development, legal or any department as well as IT and finance.
Behind the scenes, operations and development staff will use many of the same techniques for their systems work. Dashboards and reports use a single source of truth to ensure accuracy. Behind the scenes, operations and development staff will use many of the same techniques for their systems work. Dashboards and reports use a single source of truth to ensure accuracy. As Emily Bonnie says in her article “Complete Collection of Project Management Statistics 2015”, high performing project management offices (PMO):
- Have 45% more projects aligned with business objectives
- Increase the # of projects delivered under budget by 28%
- Benefit from $101,000 cost savings per project
- Lift productivity an average of 18%
- Improve customer satisfaction by 31%
Shortest route to value
As well as traditional project management, MarinerPPM can be used another way.
Think of the advantages of having your operations, development and quality assurance teams all collaborating in real time to develop new markets and products.
That’s called devops and MarinerPPM can handle it.
AgileAdmin.com defines devops nicely: “Devops is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.”
You’ll be creating the shortest route to value and customer satisfaction.
Whether you run traditional project management or agile, MarinerPPM helps you manage your devops:
- It is highly customisable and flexible,
- Allows you to determine structure, definition, decision-making and workflow,
- Integrates easily with your existing systems,
- Is quick to deploy and get started,
- Works with other workflow applications such as Serena Business Manager,
- Addresses all of the essential requirements of a project management office:
- Minimises training with its intuitive web-based interface,
- Roll-up views and, combined with your strategic drivers, gives you complete organisational visibility.
Test drive it yourself and see the difference it makes to your business.